HOWARD WAKEFIELD / 30 YEARS OF NEW ORDER / CLASH COVER / JULY 2011



click to enlarge

La copertina del numero di Luglio 2011 di Clash magazine che celebra i 30 anni di New Order. Disegnata da Howard Wakefield. Fenomenale!


Designer Howard Wakefield' s cover for Clash magazine that celebrate 30 years of New Order. Total Substance!

Howard Wakefield says:
"When I think about imagery and New Order, I instantly think of all the sleeves," says Wakefield of his approach to the commission, "but rather than showing a montage of them, which have been much seen, admired and recognised, I wondered how recognisable are they?" I was curious to find out," he continues, "if I reduced them in some way, could they still be recognisable? I tried blurring and distorting them, but they rapidly became something else, however by simplifying them to their basic colour elements, they appeared to remain true to their iconic designs."

thanks to Creative Review

No comments:

Post a Comment