NENEH CHERRY / WOMAN / WOMENSDAY

Neneh Cherry: "Woman" - 1996
Neneh Cherry - Woman

Lyrics:

You gotta be fortunate 
You gotta be lucky now 
I was just sitting here 
Thinking good and bad 
But I'm the kinda woman 
That was built to last 
They tried erasing me 
But they couldn't wipe out my past 
To save my child 
I'd rather go hungry 
I got all of Ethiopia 
Inside of me 
And my blood flows 
Through every man 
In this godless land 
That delivered me 
I've cried so many tears even the blind can see 

Chorus: 
This is a woman's world. 
This is my world. 
This is a woman's world 
For this man's girl. 
There ain't a woman in this world, 
Not a woman or a little girl, 
That can't deliver love 
In a man's world. 

I've born and I've bread. 
I've cleaned and I've fed. 
And for my healing wits 
I've been called a witch. 
I've crackled in the fire 
And been called a liar. 
I've died so many times 
I'm only just coming to life. 

Chorus 

My blood flows 
Through every man and every child 
In this godless land 
That delivered me 
I cried so many tears even the blind can see 

Chorus

No comments:

Post a Comment